- helpful votes
- Secrets from the New Science of Expertise
- Written by: Robert Pool, Anders Ericsson
- Narrated by: Geoffrey Beevers
- Length: 10 hrs and 40 mins
Anders Ericsson has spent 30 years studying the special ones - the geniuses, sports stars and musical prodigies. And his remarkable finding, revealed in Peak, is that their special abilities are acquired through training. The innate 'gift' of talent is a myth. Exceptional individuals are born with just one unique ability, shared by us all - the ability to develop our brains and bodies through our own efforts.
- By Hemant Chanchlani on 19-04-21
Deliberate Practise is the magic pill
If you think you aren't born good at something, think again. This book summarises decades-long research to explain why and how any skill can be mastered by anyone.