- helpful votes
The Obesity Code
- Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss
- Written by: Jason Fung
- Narrated by: Brian Nishii
- Length: 10 hrs and 9 mins
We are in the midst of an obesity epidemic, but despite being inundated with diet advice we are only getting fatter. We count calories and exercise regularly, yet still the pounds won't budge. Why? In this highly enjoyable and provocative book, Dr Jason Fung sets out a groundbreaking new theory: that obesity is caused by our hormones, rather than a lack of self-control. He reveals that overproduction of insulin in the body is the root cause of obesity and obesity-related illnesses including type 2 diabetes
LONG STORY SHORT
- By Gopi on 07-04-20
LONG STORY SHORT
1. It’s not only what u eat that matters but also when u eat
2. Persistent and high levels of insulin is the root cause of obesity
3. Low calorie diets don’t work in the long term
4. Avoid processed/refined carbs. Moderate ur protein intake . Consume good amounts of natural fats like butter. Reduce sugar to maximum extent possible
5. Practise some sort of intermittent fasting . 16:8/OMAD/5:2/ADF etc
6. Sleep well . Do yoga/meditation. Get massages :-)
7 people found this helpful
- The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life
- Written by: Héctor García, Francesc Miralles
- Narrated by: Naoko Mori
- Length: 3 hrs and 23 mins
Random House presents the audiobook edition of Ikigai by Héctor García and Francesc Miralles, read by Noako Mori. Bring meaning and joy to your every day with the internationally best-selling guide to ikigai. The people of Japan believe that everyone has an ikigai - a reason for being; the thing that gets you out of bed each morning. And according to the residents of the Japanese island of Okinawa - the world's longest-living people - finding it is the key to a longer and more fulfilled life.
If you don't know your ikigai you have to find it
- By Anonymous User on 25-12-19
1. Stay active mentally. Never retire.
2. Take it slow.
3. Eat up to 80% only.
4. Surround yourself with good friends.
5. Get in shape. Move!
6. Adopt a cheerful attitude
7. Connect with Nature
8. Be grateful for the things u have .
9. Live in the moment. Forget the past. Don’t be anxious about the future.
10. Follow your Ikigai. Your raison d’être.