Featuring erotic stories by Pulitzer Prize winner Jane Smiley, Mary Gaitskill, Steve Almond, Nelson George, and Karl Iagnemma.
Pulitzer Prize-winner Jane Smiley details a beautiful erotic interlude in an otherwise sordid real estate deal; Mary Gaitskill celebrates the unexpected ardor of one middle-aged couple; Steve Almond reminisces about the best one-man/three-girl Ecstasy party ever; Nelson George recounts the erotic escapades that befall a young man who accompanies a celebrity athlete when he picks up a gaggle of girls; and Carol Queen explores the joys of making love with summer fruit.
Included in this collection:
- "Slippy for President" by Steve Almond
- "View from the Fourteenth Floor" by Greta Christina
- "The Ugly Cock Dance" by Mary Gaitskill
- "My Puritan Reader" by Bert Hart
- "Bottle" by Martha Garvey
- "Experimental Writer Gets Sucked Off in a Field" by Robert Gluck
- "Sour Berry Juice" by Shu-Huei Henrickson
- "It's Never Too Late in New York" by Nelson George
- "Brontitis" by Maria Dahvana Headley
- "Robots of the World, Unite!" by Karl Iagnemma
- "The Bounty of Summer" by Carol Queen
- "Charles Sykes' Spirit of Ecstasy" by P.S. Haven
- "Surviving Darwin" by Alicia Gifford
Previously published as Best American Erotica 2005.
"[Susie Bright is] the avatar of American erotica." (The New York Times)
"Bright has outdone herself....This very literary, Epicurean collection is guaranteed to stimulate both hormones and funnybones." (Publishers Weekly)