WordTheatre, the short story performance specialists, casts the perfect actors to bring great contemporary writing to life.
WordTheatre, the short story experts, casts the perfect actors to bring great contemporary writing to life. Recorded live with many of the authors present, these nine beautifully crafted stories will take you on a ride through the sublime to the ridiculous as WordTheatre celebrates Christmas! Seven stories by some of our most gifted writers working today are joined with classics penned by O'Henry and Saki. This volume promises to fill you with all the joy and laughter, tears and compassion that this season is famous for.
- Donal Logue reading H Street Sledding Record by Ron Carlson
- Craig Bierko reading The Birds for Christmas by Mark Richard
- Rachel Boston reading Isabelle's House by Lou Ann Walker
- John Heard reading A Chaparral Christmas Gift by O. Henry
- Gregg Henry reading The Swing by Margaret McMullan
- Sean Maguire reading Reginald's Christmas Revel by Saki
- Sally Brooks reading O Holy Night or The Year I Ruined Christmas by Laurie Notaro
- Stephen Tobolowsky reading A Christmas Memory by Stephen Tobolowsky
- Christopher Gorham reading Home for Christmas by Jeffrey Shaffer
Produced and directed by Cedering Fox; edited by Sara Bencivenga; mixed and mastered by Theo Mondle; music composed by Greg Chun.
WordTheatre gives voice to great writing. We are an innovative, internationally recognized, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring empathy, curiosity, and conversation through powerful and entertaining performances, both live and recorded, of the world's best contemporary literature. We aim to ignite a passion for reading, writing, and self-expression in our community and in future generations.