Get Your Free Audiobook
Add to cart failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for ₹668.00
WordTheatre, the short story performance specialists, casts the perfect actors to bring great contemporary writing to life.
The Pushcart Prize: Best of the Small Presses series, published every year since 1976, is the most honored literary project in America. Recorded live at benefit performances for their Fellowships endowment, Volume 2 of this stunning collection contains nine outstanding examples of the short story. Though varying in theme and tone, they share a brilliant pedigree.
- Linus Roache reading "Joyas Voladoras" by Brian Doyle
- Brian Cox reading "The Human Table" by Marvin Cohen
- Janel Moloney reading "Recorded Message" by Philip Dacey
- Nicholas Brendon reading "Stay" by David Schuman
- Gil Bellows reading "Oblivion, Nebraska" by Peter Moore Smith
- Wendy Makkena reading "Self Knowledge" by Richard Bausch
- Carla Gugino reading "Gina's Death" by Charles Baxter
- Christopher McDonald reading 'Today Will Be A Quiet Day" by Amy Hempel
- Emily Meade reading "The River Nemunas" by Anthony Doerr.
Produced and directed by Cedering Fox; edited by Sara Bencivenga; mixed and mastered by Theo Mondle; music composed by Greg Chun. WordTheatre gives voice to great writing. We are an innovative, internationally recognized, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring empathy, curiosity and conversation through powerful and entertaining performances, both live and recorded, of the world's best contemporary literature. We aim to ignite a passion for reading, writing, and self-expression in our community and in future generations.
What listeners say about WordTheatre: Pushcart Prize: Best of the Small Presses, Volume 2Average Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Marc S.
What a delicious selection of stories.
Very unexpected, deeply enjoyable.
They took me to a quieter place and a better time, they took me back, they took me away.
This book will get listen to again and again I have no doubt