The BelTel cover art

The BelTel

The BelTel

Written by: Belfast Telegraph
Listen for free

About this listen

The BelTel brings you some of Northern Ireland's top journalists, Allison Morris, Sam McBride and Suzanne Breen to name but a few, giving you the inside stories behind what is in the news. Presented by Ciarán Dunbar, the Bel Tel investigates, debates and informs every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.

Belfast Telegraph
Politics & Government
Episodes
  • ‘Don’t call Jeffrey Epstein a paedophile’ - top Northern Ireland lawyer part of 2011 effort to defend Epstein’s reputation
    Feb 20 2026

    ‘Don’t call Jeffrey Epstein a paedophile’ – that was the demand of a top NI lawyer to a London newspaper in 2011.

    Paul Tweed was brought in to try and limit the damage to the sex-offender's reputation after he was released from prison.

    The Belfast solicitor is one of the best-known libel lawyers in the UK and Ireland.

    He has told the Belfast Telegraph that he “categorically rejects the suggestion that he acted in any way inappropriately”, saying he acted within his professional and regulatory obligations.

    The Belfast Telegraph’s Northern Ireland editor Sam McBride joins Ciarán Dunbar in the studio.


    Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.

    Show More Show Less
    45 mins
  • Andrew Mountbatten Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office
    Feb 19 2026

    Andrew Mountbatten Windsor has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office. Vehicles believed to be unmarked police cars arrived at his home in Sandringham this morning, where he had been living following his departure from Windsor. The former prince was stripped of his title in October 2025 over his links to pedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein. Mountbatten-Windsor, who denies all wrongdoing, turned 66 years old today.

    Ciarán Dunbar is joined by TRT World News Anchor Enda Brady.


    Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.

    Show More Show Less
    13 mins
  • Noah Donohoe: Former PSNI officer said he felt search had been as professional and as urgent as possible.
    Feb 18 2026

    A former PSNI officer who searched the culvert in which the remains of Noah Donohoe were ultimately found has indicated felt the search operation had been as professional and as urgent as possible. He also said there had been “no suggestion or evidence he had ever gone into the culvert”. The inquest into the death of 14-year-old schoolboy Noah Donohoe is continuing in Belfast.

    Liam Tunney is covering proceedings for the Belfast Telegraph.


    Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.

    Show More Show Less
    23 mins
No reviews yet