As a comic instrumentalist, sawing away week after week at his violin, Jack Benny stood as radio's reigning off-key virtuoso, producing more laughs per measure than any other comic before or since. This seven hour set of 14 digitally remastered radio episodes finds Benny and his badly squeaking bow mangling the classics and infuriating the long-suffering Professor Andre LeBlanc (Mel Blanc). He also discovers his "talent" as a songwriter - a skill every bit as highly developed as his ability with the violin.
Mary Livingstone, Eddie "Rochester" Anderson, Dennis Day, Phil Harris, and Don Wilson are on hand - along with guest stars Louis Armstrong, Hoagy Carmichael, George Burns, Danny Kaye, Groucho Marx and Frank Sinatra - and, they're all ears!
- "Phil Tries To Collect a World Series Bet" - 10-13-40
- "Jack Jams With Louis Armstrong" - 05-09-43,
- "Rochester Lost at Sea - Briefly" - 02-17-46,
- "Movie of Jack's Life - Thanksgiving Show" - 11-23-47,
- "One Down, Three to Go" - 12-07-47,
- "Professor LeBlanc Gives Jack a Violin Lesson" - 12-05-48,
- "Mary is Sick" - 05-15-49,
- "Jack Watches TV" - 02-18-51,
- "Jack Takes His Song to the Publisher" - 10-14-51,
- "Guadalajara Trio Sings Jack's Song" - 12-09-51,
- "To New York to Publish Jack's Song" - 02-10-52,
- "Song Rejected / Carnegie Hall Dream" - 02-17-52,
- "Surprise Guests Sing Jack's Song" - 03-02-52,
- "The IRS Interviews Professor LeBlanc About Jack's Violin" - 03-16-52