Get Your Free Audiobook
The Wisdom of Bees
- What the Hive Can Teach Business about Leadership, Efficiency, and Growth
- Narrated by: David Holt
- Length: 5 hrs and 12 mins
Add to cart failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
2 credits with free trial
Buy Now for ₹615.00
An inspiring downloadable audiobook, giving a new angle on business and management, drawn from nature's most productive creatures.
'It seemed to me that the bees were working on the very same kinds of problems we are trying to solve. How can large, diverse groups work together harmoniously and productively? Perhaps we could take what the bees do so well and apply it to our institutions.
'When Michael O'Malley first took up beekeeping he thought it would be a nice hobby to share with his son. But he noticed that bees not only work together to achieve a common goal but, in the process, create a remarkably productive organization, like a miniature but incredibly successful business.
O'Malley also realized that bees can teach managers a lot, identifying 25 powerful insights such as:
- Distribute authority: the queen bee delegates relentlessly and worker bees make daily decisions.
- Keep it simple: bees exchange only relevant information
- Protect the future: when a lucrative vein of nectar is discovered, the entire colony doesn't rush off to mine it.
Published as part of the Penguin Portfolio series of business audiobooks.