Reiki - Healing Guided Meditation.
The simplest definition of the word Reiki is "universal life force" or "spiritual energy". Universal or spiritual (rei) life force or energy (ki).
What does Reiki do? It can help alleviate suffering, whether it is of a physical, emotional, mental or spiritual nature. This means that Reiki can heal. When we speak of healing, a well physical body may be the first thing that comes to mind. However, the root meaning of the word is whole. The practice of healing is that of becoming whole on all levels of being, including the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual levels. Illness happens when the mind, body and spirit become unbalanced. True wellness is reached only by returning the entire being to harmony and balance with itself and with the earth and the universe.
We begin healing by finding our desire to be well and whole. Without the motivation to be well and the intention to act on our own behalf, we cannot become well. Reiki is a means to empowering us to become whole in all ways.
There are a number of benefits to be gained from a daily Reiki self-treatment, including the following:
- Reiki will relax you when you are stressed
- Reiki brings about deep relaxation
- Reiki centres your thoughts when you are confused
- Reiki energises you when you feel drained
- Reiki calms you when you are frightened
- Reiki focuses your mind and helps you to solve problems
- Reiki relieves pain
- Reiki accelerates natural healing of wounds
- Reiki improves health
- Reiki gradually clears up chronic problems
- Reiki helps prevents the development of disease
- Reiki detoxifies the body
- Reiki dissolves energy blockages
- Reiki releases emotional wounds
- Reiki increases the vibrational frequency of the body
- Reiki helps change negative conditioning and behavior
- Reiki helps enhance personal and spiritual evolution